Caprese Steak Recipe
Prep time: 15 min Total Time: 30 min Yields: 4 Steaks
- 3/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. dried thyme
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
4 filet mignons, or 4 sirloins
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes, sliced
- 4 slices mozzarella
- Fresh basil leaves, for serving
- In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, garlic, honey, olive oil, dried thyme, and dried oregano.
- Pour over steak and let marinate 20 minutes.
- Season tomatoes with salt and pepper.
- Heat grill to high. grill steak 4 to 5 minutes per side, then top with mozzarella and tomatoes and cover grill until cheese is melted, 2 minutes.
- Top with basil before serving.
Shop Filets Shop Sirloins
Recipe originally from delish.com