April 20, 2020 • 0 comments
Grill a whole picanha roast directly over charcoal, lathered in olive oil and seasoned with salt, before slicing into delectable strips and finishing on the grill.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 3
- (1 whole) Pichanha Roast
- (2 tbsp) Sea Salt
- Chimichurri (enough for topping)
- Olive Oil (enough to coat picanha)
- With Picanha at room temperature, score the fat cap in order for the flavor to seep into the whole beef.
- Lather with olive oil and season with sea salt on both sides.
- Use Hardwood Lump Charcoal to light fire and let it burn for 10-15 minutes. Once charcoal is white hot, push into one flat pile for direct grilling.
- Place picanha flesh side down for 2 minutes, flip and sear the fat side for 2 minutes. Pull off grill.
- Slice the beef against the grain as to make multiple strips out of it. Season the strips with olive oil and salt. Place back on grill.
- Grill strips for 4-5 minutes per side or until they reach your desired internal temperature.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes. Slice into steaks, top with Chimichurri & enjoy!